Dual Language Academy
Academia Católica Bilingüe
What is the Dual Language Academy / Academia Católica Bilingüe ?
- Our Dual Language Academy brings together native English speakers and native Spanish speakers for all or most of the day. All students learn both languages together and serve as language models for one another.
- Students become bilingual and biliterate and become fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Dual Language curriculum is implemented one grade at a time, starting in preschool, prekindergarten or kindergarten and advancing each year. Enrolled students will follow the Dual Language track from first through eighth grade at Our Lady of Lourdes and Sts. Peter and Paul.
How will it benefit our students?
- Research confirms that students in dual language immersion programs begin to outperform their English-only peers as early as third and fourth grade and continue to outperform them through high school.
A Unique Partnership with Boston College
- We have established a five-year partnership with Boston College’s Two-Way Immersion Network for Catholic Schools—TWIN-CS. Boston College has been successfully mentoring schools across the United States.
- The demographics in the Omaha area support the need for dual language programs and made our application desirable to Boston College. Its proven track record with participating schools as well as its expertise in dual language theory and instruction will help to ensure our success.
- Students who enroll in preschool, prekindergarten and kindergarten can enroll without initial testing.
- Your student's tuition rate will be determined by your income. To find more information about the Tuition Tiers, please refer Tuition and Fee Form. The Omaha Catholic School Consortium wants to ensure that the Dual Language Academy programs are accessible to families of all household income levels. As such, we offer a variety of payment plan options, as well as the opportunities to apply for reduced tuition rates (for preschool and prekindergarten) and scholarships (for kindergarten).
A Day in the Life a Dual Language Program
To help you better understand what a day in a Dual Language class looks like please visit a blog from the University of Notre Dame partnership programs. The blog features Holy Cross Catholic School in South Bend, IN. Check out the amazing learning happening in this two-way immersion classroom!
Also check out this short video testimonial below from local families at recent parent information forum, as they speak on the benefits of the immersion form of language instruction.