Dual Language Academy
Academia Católica Bilingüe
Register for Dual Language Academy
New family registration starts Feb. 18, 2019
Below you will find the necessary forms and information to register as a student. Please visit OmahaDLA.org or call 402-991-3400 for more information about the Academy.
What is the Dual Language Academy / Academia Católica Bilingüe ?
- Our Dual Language Academy brings together native English speakers and native Spanish speakers for all or most of the day. All students learn both languages together and serve as language models for one another.
- Students become bilingual and biliterate and become fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Dual Language curriculum is implemented one grade at a time, with classes offered as early as preschool/age 3.
- Research confirms that students in dual language immersion programs begin to outperform their English-only peers as early as third and fourth grade and continue to outperform them through high school.
- We have a unique partnership with Boston College’s Two-Way Immersion Network for Catholic Schools—TWIN-CS.
- The Omaha Catholic School Consortium wants to ensure that the Dual Language Academy programs are accessible to families of all household income levels. As such, we offer a variety of payment plan options, as well as the opportunities to apply for reduced tuition rates (for preschool and prekindergarten) and scholarships (for kindergarten).