Information on school closings
All six Consortium schools will follow the Omaha Public Schools announcements in regard to cancellations for weather-related reasons. Each of our schools has different communications protocols in place to make these announcements to parents. Please ensure that your family is aware of how the school at which you're enrolled will handle notifications about weather delays and closings. Please also ensure your most updated contact information is on file with your school office.
Our office knows the uncertainty of planning for days off school due to weather can be tough for families. We know there have also been many questions about the new option for a two-delayed delayed start for our schools.
What you can expect:
- An announcement regarding school delay or closing will be posted to local Omaha TV stations by 5:30 a.m. at the latest, on the day in question, and typically listed as "Omaha Catholic."
- Traditionally, we will announce a closure/delay if Omaha Public Schools does so.
- If a late start is necessary, the announcement will be made by the 10:00 p.m. news the night before. If the weather overnight is worse than expected, the call to change a late start to no school will be made at or before 6:00 a.m. and will be announced on the news channels.
- OPS may also issue early dismissal notices due to weather. We will NOT make a decision to dismiss early.
- Our @OmahaCatholicSchoolsConsortium Facebook page may or may not feature the school closing message - always follow the communication you receive directly from your school.
**Student and family safety is our top priority on severe weather days. Please know you are always welcome to pick up your child if you choose to based on your assessment of the conditions.**
Prayers for a winter with limited school closings!